Next application round starting Mid October 2023
Until then, find other PhD opportunities and doctoral researcher positions at KIT
Here are some other computational and data science positions at KIT (outside of KCDS) that you might be interested in:
- PhD Students/Doctoral Researchers - Group of André Platzer, Alexander von Humboldt Professor for Logic of Autonomous Dynamical System
Find all of KIT's currently open positions here.
Application for a funded doctoral position
The KIT Graduate School Computational and Data Science (KCDS) performs an annual candidate selection process. Suitable candidates are selected in a three-step-process: (1) the written application, (2) a virtual one-day selection event for short-listed applicants and (3) matching projects and candidates.
A description of the offered doctoral projects in fall 2023 will be posted here closer to the start of the next application round. You will then also find video presentations of the projects here.
Evaluation criteria for the candidates are an excellent academic record and a strong motivation for the interdisciplinary nature of the projects that are bridging mathematical sciences and an applied SEE discipline (science, economic and engineering).
KIT is committed to increasing the percentage of female scientists and encouraging female applicants to apply.
|Mid October 2023||Start of next application round|
Nov 8, 2023 from 10:00-11:00h CET on Zoom
KCDS Virtual Open House
|Nov 13, 2023||Deadline for written applications|
Dec 7, 2023
|Selection and Matchmaking Event|
|Dec 14, 2023||Preliminary acceptance and start of employment process|
The written application has two steps:
1) Apply online using the online application system.
Please ensure to include ALL of the following documents for a complete application via the online application system. Please note that failing to do so will substantially delay the processing of your application.
- The completed Scientific profile form (which will be posted here)
- Motivation statement (max. 500 words)
- All academic records including Master transcript of records, Bachelor certificate and transcript of records and High School Certificate. Please also include official English translation of Master and Bachelor transcripts. - If you have already received your Master certificate, you should also include it, but it's possible to hand it in later (by the start of your doctoral phase).
2) In addition, have two referees submit reference letters using the reference form (which will be posted here).
We are looking for excellent graduates holding master degrees, received by the start of their doctoral studies at the latest, in mathematics or the SEE disciplines (natural sciences, engineering, economics), who have sufficient proficiency in mathematics and are interested in joint research that revolves around computational methods such as mathematical models, simulation methods and data science techniques.
As an international research school, we require our doctoral researchers to have good writing and oral communication skills in English (German is optional).
All positions are funded according to the description in the 2023 doctoral projects (which will be posted here).
Becoming an Associated Doctoral Researcher
You are already funded and your doctoral research is on a topic that is relevant to the school? Apply for an association!